Sunday 9 February 2014

Gulls

As I am going through photos, deleting and editing as I choose the better or more interesting ones for my blog, I am more and more appreciating these awesome creatures! Spending so much time out in the colonies, getting into the lives of certain pairs, and documenting the process, has been such a privilege and an amazing experience! Gulls are definitely not a species that people are interested in but I have gained new appreciation for them!

A fluffy bum sticking out.
Look out world!
A 'hardcore mama' not willing to move so I can weigh her eggs.
Making waves.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your work. ¨Hardcore mama¨was a brave Seagull indeed!

    All the Best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have developed such a respect for these birds which so viciously protect their progeny. Now to the writing, and I am already missing the field work!

      Delete
  2. The birds obviously are just very comfortable with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete