Monday 28 April 2014

Scuba

After a long break from scuba diving I did two boat dives within a week. The first was to a site called Grootbank to do the first dive of my Advanced Course. This was a deep dive, meant to go down as close to 30m as possible. Michael and I dropped down and hit the reef at 21m, in pitch black. We expected a dim, dark dive but to not be able to see more than 30cm with a dive torch was horrid! Darkness in water is far worse than darkness on land I have since discovered, immediately my mind turned to all the creatures that we couldn't see but could probably see us. It was a short dive, but it was still good to be back in the water in scuba gear!

The second dive was just for fun. This time to a site called Jacobs Reef, where I have dived before. Unfortunately the visibility was again shocking and so we ended up surfacing quite quickly and moved to a shallower site, Blinders. It ended up being a pleasurable dive, it is always so wonderful to spend time hovering just about the reef looking at the corals, nudibranchs, fish and anemones, swaying with the current.







A happy diver I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment