Saturday 12 October 2013

Robberg

Robberg is perhaps the site where I get distracted the most. There is always a variety of interesting animals, both dead and alive, to photograph, this trip was no different. Shirley and I came across the biggest jellyfish I have ever seen washed up, and just as I was going to start checking nests the whales arrived! This definitely required a halt in activities to watch and photograph them as they moved through the area. We then set to work, and I checked all the existing nests and emptied my quiver of nest markers. No eggs though. On the walk back we got stuck behind a large group of slow tourists, a taste of things to come. We are now quite used to the walk to and from the island and I think we are rather quick about it, but when tourist season comes about that may change, especially on the walk back to the car.

A huge jellyfish! Unfortunately there is no scale.. next time I will put my foot into the frame.
Humpback Whale flukes.
It definitely has a humped back!
Not just one!
A very dead snake of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment